Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I AM BLOG

One of the first things I realized about maintaining a blog is you’re only as good as your last post. To get the word out and drive traffic to your site, you must write, or photograph, or film and you must do it often. There are, after all, millions of folks out in cyber-land eagerly awaiting your pithy and erudite stories. They cannot even begin their day without first checking in with you.

Today while pondering the heavy responsibility this places on me, I naturally began thinking about the evolution of technology. It took humans millions of years to invent the wheel and only five thousand years after that to come up with the automobile. Eighty-four years later, in 1969, man first walked on the moon. Thirty-eight years after that, really, only the blink of an eye, this blog was birthed.

This month is the first anniversary of that momentous event and the proper time to thank everyone who subscribes or stumbles upon this site. I also allow myself some satisfaction, knowing I’ve turned all this into today’s post, and can now go eat my oatmeal.

1 comment:

Sheree Rensel said...

Oh geesh! Isn't this the truth. I have a small following on my blog. I do have "regulars". However, I noticed that if I go for more than two or three days without posting, my audience seems to fade and it takes a few posts to bring them back. Consequently, I feel compelled to keep writing and writing and writing. For me this is fun. I love writing. Yet, there is a nagging feeling if I decide to take a day off. If my blog ever becomes a real chore, I am going to stop. I am still loving it especially because it keeps me in contact with human beings. LOL
Enjoy your oatmeal!! :-)